1-2 Days for Effective Communication and Grooming
Key Take Away
Introduction to communication
Effective communication skills are fundamental to success in many aspects of life. Many jobs require strong communication skills and socially people with improved communication skills usually enjoy better interpersonal relationships with friends and family.Effective communication is a key interpersonal skill and by learning how we can improve our communication has many benefits.“Effective communication is the communication which produces intended or desired results.
What is effective communication?
Barriers of effective communication
The use of jargon
Emotional barriers and taboos
Lack of attention, interest, distractions, or irrelevance to the receiver
Differences in perception and viewpoint.
Physical disabilities such as hearing problems or speech difficulties.
Physical barriers to non-verbal communication. Not being able to see the non-verbal cues, gestures, posture and general body language can make communication less effective.
Language differences and the difficulty in understanding unfamiliar accents.
Expectations and prejudices which may lead to false assumptions or stereotyping.
Tips for improving how to deliver nonverbal communication:
Use nonverbal signals that match up with your words.
Adjust your nonverbal signals according to the context
Use body language to convey positive feelings
How to deal with stress during communication:
Recognize when you’re becoming stressed.
Take a moment to calm down
Look for humor in the situation.
Be willing to compromise.
Agree to disagree
How emotional awareness can improve effective communication: Emotional awareness helps you:
Understand and empathize with what is really troubling other people
Understand yourself, including what’s really troubling you and what you really want
Stay motivated to understand and empathize with the person you’re interacting with, even if you don’t like them or their message
Communicate clearly and effectively, even when delivering negative messages
Build strong, trusting, and rewarding relationships, think creatively, solve problems, and resolve conflicts.
What is listening?
Effective listening can:
- Make the speaker feel heard and understood
- Create an environment where everyone feels safe
- Save time
- Relieve negative emotions
Tips for effective listening
- In active listening, through both words and nonverbal behaviour, you convey these messages to the speaker:
- I understand your problem
- I know how you feel about it
- I am interested in what you are saying
- I am not judging you
Corporate and Personal Grooming:
- In today's day and age, an individual's appearance and carriage are almost as important as his or her professional skills. There are methods to be followed while dressing up and points to be noted while grooming oneself for a career; be it in any industry. Our course will be providing you with the much needed know-how on such seemingly simple, but mostly uncharted territory. Personal grooming is not only a corporate requirement, but is an integral part of our lives and is sure to benefit each and every individual in a positive manner.
- What is personal grooming?
- What are 'first impressions' and how important are they?
- Importance of personal care and hygiene
- Basics of corporate etiquette
- The art of sitting / standing / walking
- Improving your body posture
- Business Body Language and its interpretation
Personal Grooming Habits:
- Grooming involves all the aspect of your body.
- Overall Cleanliness
- Colour combination
Some of the perception people can form solely from your appearance are:
Class size will be restricted to more than 100 corporate participants. The workshop class will be highly interactive and will consist of a combination of video material, case studies, class discussions and assignments.
Want to know more..Contact Us
- Project Management
- Negotiation Skills
- Sales Skills
- Six Sigma
- Wealth Management
- Leadership Program
- Motivational Training
- Problem Solving Training
- Stress Management
- Team Building Training
- Team Effectiveness and Building
- Time Management Training
- Business Writing Skills Training
- Effective communication skills training
- Effective Communication and Grooming
- Lateral Thinking-creativity and problem solving