1-2 Days for Effective Communication and Grooming
Key Take Away
Introduction to communication
Effective communication skills are fundamental to success in many aspects of life. Many jobs require strong communication skills and socially people with improved communication skills usually enjoy better interpersonal relationships with friends and family.Effective communication is a key interpersonal skill and by learning how we can improve our communication has many benefits.“Effective communication is the communication which produces intended or desired results.
What is effective communication?
7 C’s of effective communication
Uses of effective Communication
Barriers of effective communication
Differences in perception and viewpoint.
- The use of jargon
- Emotional barriers and taboos
- Lack of attention, interest, distractions, or irrelevance to the receiver
Tips for improving how to deliver nonverbal communication:
- Physical disabilities such as hearing problems or speech difficulties.
- Physical barriers to non-verbal communication. Not being able to see the non-verbal cues, gestures, posture and general body language can make communication less effective.
- Language differences and the difficulty in understanding unfamiliar accents.
- Expectations and prejudices which may lead to false assumptions or stereotyping.
- Cultural differences
How to deal with stress during communication:
- Use nonverbal signals that match up with your words.
- Adjust your nonverbal signals according to the context
- Use body language to convey positive feelings
How emotional awareness can improve effective communication:
Emotional awareness helps you:
- Recognize when you’re becoming stressed.
- Take a moment to calm down
- Look for humor in the situation.
- Be willing to compromise.
- Agree to disagree
What is listening?
Effective listening can:
- Understand and empathize with what is really troubling other people
- Understand yourself, including what’s really troubling you and what you really want
- Stay motivated to understand and empathize with the person you’re interacting with, even if you don’t like them or their message
- Communicate clearly and effectively, even when delivering negative messages
- Build strong, trusting, and rewarding relationships, think creatively, solve problems, and resolve conflicts.
Tips for effective listening
- Make the speaker feel heard and understood
- Create an environment where everyone feels safe
- Save time
- Relieve negative emotions
- Focus fully on the speaker
- Avoid interrupting
- Avoidance is seeming judgmental
- Show your interest
In active listening, through both words and nonverbal behaviour, you convey these messages to the speaker:
Corporate and Personal Grooming:
- - I understand your problem
- - I know how you feel about it
- - I am interested in what you are saying
- - I am not judging you
In today's day and age, an individual's appearance and carriage are almost as important as his or her professional skills. There are methods to be followed while dressing up and points to be noted while grooming oneself for a career; be it in any industry. Our course will be providing you with the much needed know-how on such seemingly simple, but mostly uncharted territory. Personal grooming is not only a corporate requirement, but is an integral part of our lives and is sure to benefit each and every individual in a positive manner.
Personal Grooming Habits:
- What is personal grooming?
- What are 'first impressions' and how important are they?
- Importance of personal care and hygiene
- Basics of corporate etiquette
- The art of sitting / standing / walking
- Improving your body posture
- Business Body Language and its interpretation
- - Grooming involves all the aspect of your body.
- - Overall Cleanliness
- - Hair
- - Teeth
- - Nails
- - Make-up
- - Dressing
- - Colour combination
Some of the perception people can form solely from your appearance are:
- - Your Professionalism
- - Your level of sophistication
- - Your Intelligence
- - Your credibility
Class size will be restricted to more than 100 corporate participants. The workshop class will be highly interactive and will consist of a combination of video material, case studies, class discussions and assignments.